About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

WEDNESDAY #3158 PEOPLE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME

One Of My Very Own...



Folsom Prison Blues


===
I know you know this already, but people in a mob will do things they would never do alone. There's a whole legal defense base on the frenzy of the mob and people get off scot free for heinous crimes.

===
When your best ally is a guy who nuked you...twice.

===

Next weeks game of thrones leaked footage.
I noticed that one of the ones in the lead in the very middle just disappears. What's up with that?


<>

Sure, I made mistakes when I was young, but now that I'm older I've learned how to make different, far more serious mistakes.
(My spellcheck hits on "learned" every time I use it. Anybody know why?)

PEOPLE NOT LIKE YOU AND ME



===
Asshole tourists at Rocky Mountain National Park.
I'm guilty of shit like that also.

===

===
Did you know that there are World Championships for Tiddlywinks?

Not weird enough?


And...
Professional Tag is a thing. 


And for a more serious game of tag...

After that, how could he keep running?

===

===
These two brothers won on the same day.

===
But the bible says otherwise.

===
How to get your ass kicked with the old magic lunch box trick.
The crutches are a nice touch.

===
Sisters from The Shining, then and now.

===
He looks like he teaches Sharia Law at Hogwarts.


<>
When it comes to apologies, everything before the word "but" is bullshit.


RANDOM ITEMS

Meanwhile on channel 1448 and 1449

===
Never seen me on a mural site?
Well, I sit on my ass in front of the wall smoking cigarettes and drinking beer. From there I give members of my crew instructions and the proper brush, roller or sponge that they would need to do what I want done. When I look over every detail and can find nothing I would have done differently, I get that look on my face.
It's a very satisfying feeling to tell the crew to pack it up.

===
Still waiting for my labels. And remember, my birthday is coming up soon.

===
Nominative determinism: 
"The hypothesis that people tend to gravitate towards areas of work that fit their names."
My doctor's last name was "Peter."

===
Water rings colliding.
Mesmerizing.

===

===
You aren't likely to find anyone who is more pro-Mars than I. I had always thought it would follow settlements on the moon.
My biggest fear is that something disastrous occurs and we lose the crew, then the whole human race becomes too gun shy to ever try it again. For that reason I would like a rescue ship ready to go.

===

===
No word on their malady.

===
My hometown spent $65K for something just as arcane. 
I friend made a poster for a local band and proclaimed "The hottest thing since Sherman."
Also, informally, a whole group call Columbia "Soda City" because it is abbreviated Cola.

===
Another example of gaming the system before the system can game you.

===
Reminded of the mouse-like animal that is us mammal's oldest relative. It lived on a small island since the time of the dinosaurs. It did very well until the introduction of the common house cat. Now it is no more. And that's fucked up.

===
Shit, I don't fucking believe it.

===
That's my most important bit of advice to my young friends. If you even think about doing something, then you MUST try it. You don't want to lie dying of old age thinking of how things might have been. That's why I got in the bar business (twice), got married (twice) and became an art major and then a muralist.

===
I posted this not so much for the action, but the trees. I posted months ago how Europe had highways with large trees mere feet from the asphalt, a death trap for any car running off the road. The ones I was familiar with had the trees spaced at about 50' apart for miles and miles.


<>
My wife's family has had a family reunion in over ten years...too many of them are in the witness protection program.


THE NAUGHTY BITS


And...
I can personally attest to this as factual.

===

===
I'm going to repeat a story I told you months ago.
My friends and I of 10 or so were hanging out with my older brother and his friends one day and the conversation turned to playing high school football. One guy said he wasn't because a friend of his got ruptured during a practice. I looked at my friends and none of them knew what ruptured meant, so I asked. The older boys took turns explaining. "Oh, that will ruin you life." "When you are ruptured you can't get a hard-on." "And that means you can never have children." "And no woman will ever marry you."
Agape I asked how you would know if you were ruptured. One guy leaned in close and said, "Well, the one sign that you are ruptured to the point that can't be fixed is if one of your balls hang lower than the other."
Us young boys ran back to a garage, dropped our pants and screamed. When I wouldn't eat supper my mother wanted to know what was the matter, so I told her and I have never seen the woman laugh so hardily.

===

===
I researched that and the best I could discern, it's true.

===

===
Speaking of...
This man knows how to hold the punchline until the very end.


<>
Life is full of surprises but never when I need one.

<>

I think #9 broke his leg.

===

===


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive