About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

TUESDAY #2991

One Of My Very Own...

EMAIL:
ralph.henry.at.folio.olio@gmail.com

Hallelujah (4K) 1 Violin 4 Voices


For the man who took on the Alien, Predator, Terminator, Twister, Curly Bill, The Titanic, Nazi U-boats, and even the freaking Moon.

"Game over man! Game over!"

I couldn't remember him in the movie Titanic and had to look it up...then I kicked my own ass.

Only 2 actors to be killed by Terminator, Predator & Alien!

My favorite role of his - True Lies: Simon The Car Salesman

Using Spotter Network markers, storm chasers pay tribute to Bill Paxton.

===
But there were other deaths that need to be noted...


===
Then there was this clusterfuck...

===
Don't know exactly how I feel about this...
The name of a band somewhere.
===
I'm thinking of making that the starter slide of the section about American politics.

===
One of the funniest things I've ever seen...



<>
Give a man a fish and chances are you won't be asked to be in charge of buying a gift "from all of us" anymore.


THINGS NOT GOING OPTIMALLY

I don't know what you call it...
But I call it common sense. I mean, you are putting your life (literally) in the hands of a guy who most likely is working for minimum wage.
===
I can't wait to do this to somebody.
===
Everyday I visited this site:


You have seen many of his postings that I flat out stole. Well, now this from his latest post...


That got me to thinking about you guys. I'm an old man and I think I have five, maybe six years left; but I don't want you to regret me being gone, I want you to have a couple of beers and think about the good times we've had. Seriously.
===
Hint: Do you wonder why it was written on a calendar?
===
This is a powerful image, but the person who posted it lied about what the circumstances were. And I don't know what their motive was.
The deer is simply frozen in shock.
Picture credit : Alison Buttigieg
===
===
===
Waiting for another movie on AMC, forced to watch "Noah", the worst waste of talent I have ever seen. 
This person spent the whole movie fake crying. It was an embarrassment. 
===
The Riddle: The numbers correspond to the months. JASON
===
===
Introducing a Vincent Van Gogh Action Figure, Complete with Removable Ears.
===
Watch a documentary: Frontline Fighting: Battling ISIS. This is a sample of the dialogue.
I am very confused as to why most governments refuse to use the insulting nomenclature - Daesh. So I looked up what was so offending.


Since the Paris terror attacks last November, the word 'Daesh' has been used with increasing frequency by world leaders and the media.
Because it is similar to the Arabic words 'Daes', 'one who crushes something underfoot' and 'Dahes', translated as 'one who sows discord'.
In January 2015, then Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott announced that he would begin referring to the Islamic State group by this name, saying: "Daesh hates being referred to by this term, and what they don't like has an instinctive appeal to me."
===
You and me will one day be in range of this maniac's nukes. Sleep tight.
===
The Submarine is the SSN-711, the the USS San Francisco. She was about 400 miles SE of Guam when she ran full speed into a mountainside underwater.
She was going max speed, roughly 35 mph, at a depth of 525 feet. One crew member died, 98 people were hospitalized, with broken bones, a back injury, and multiple lacerations.
How the fuck does a submarine run into a MOUNTAIN. I bet lots of heads rolled over that.
Or, they ran into a Russian sub and everybody is keeping their mouths shut.
===
Still think that sounds radical?
===
===
"The majestic ear-piercing sound of the male giraffe in agony can be heard all over the great savannah." – Sir David Attenborough
===
Nature's Arms Race

<>
In some societies it's considered rude to put post-it notes on people's heads in the doctor's surgery with your guess what's wrong with them.


THINGS I LEARNED TODAY...SORT OF

This thing looks like a wonderful camping aid.
But the saw blade looks like a hacksaw. I think the teeth need to be much bigger.
===
Curiosity on mars as seen from orbit.
Just a little down and left fro center, you can see its blue solar panels and tracks behind it.
Do what is the dark blue thing below Did you notice the tracks lead all the way up and out the upper left corner?
(click to embiggenize)
===
Camping adventure inside the world's third largest cave! Hike through the lush jungle in central Vietnam to reach this natural marvel, camp overnight and hike back out. This cave is so large it has it's own beach.
Okay, the cave is cool, but it is CATERED! While you fake an adventure the cabana-boy brings you drinks with little umbrellas in them
===
This guy makes a portrait of your dog using your dog's hair.
What a wonderful idea.
===
I think this is a newly discovered organism, but I lost all the information from the article.
===
Gangkhar Puensum, the highest mountain in Bhutan at 24,836 feet and the 40th highest mountain in the world, can be described as the highest unclimbed mountain.
You better hurry before it too gets that new Starbucks and Taco Bell. 
===
A subway car in Seoul...
I'm assuming advertising a resort. 
===
Oldham coupling - used to transfer torque between axles that don't exactly line up.
Do you think there there is any power drain using that? 
===
New Form Of Atomic Nuclei Just Confirmed, And it Suggests Time Travel is Impossible.
A new form of atomic nuclei has been confirmed by scientists in a recent study published in the journal Physical Review Letters. The pear-shaped, asymmetrical nuclei, first observed in 2013 by researchers from CERN in the isotope Radium-224, is also present in the isotope Barium-144.
This uneven distribution of mass and charge in the nuclei causes the isotope to ‘point’ in a certain direction in spacetime, and the team suggests that this could explain why time seems to to only go forward and not backward.
“We’ve found these nuclei literally point towards a direction in space. This relates to a direction in time, proving there’s a well-defined direction in time and we will always travel from past to present,” Marcus Scheck from the University of the West of Scotland said.
===
I got a dog in the fight!!
===
Just outside the visitor center of Jennings Randolph Lake, in Mineral County, in the US state of West Virginia.
The strange patterning on the so-called Waffle Rock is a result of natural erosion, although over the years many alternative theories regarding its origins have evolved, and these involve pretty much the usual —aliens, giant reptiles and ancient Indian societies.

<>
America: Tremble at our nuclear might.
Also America: We skip the number 13 on elevators when we build skyscrapers cause that's spooky.


UNIQUE INDIVIDUALS

Maybe.
===
===
What a wonderful party game.
===
Franz Joseph Haydn
Handel is second, at 303 hours of music. Both men lived into their 70s.
Mozart wrote 202 hours of music in only 29 years, dying at 35.
The record for most prolific in terms of rate per year belongs to Franz Peter Schubert, who composed 134 hours of music in 18 years, dying at 31.
Bach is known to have composed 175 hours of music, but this is believed to be about one-third of his total output.
Beethoven wrote 120 hours' worth. 
===
Okay, I'm not unique, but this is proof that I was once young.

<>
Me: Where do you want to eat?
Her: Wherever you pick is fine.
Narrator: Wherever he picks will never be fine.

<>

But it's so much fun. I mean, there are millions of people who believe the following is not only possible, but probable.
===
I have been doing everything I can to counsel my wife as to how to get Trump out of the White House in 2020.
My #1 piece of advice is for the left never to mention the name Hillary again. #2 is to quit vilifying people like me just cause we don't agree with everything the left stands for. 
#3 I'm afraid Bernie is now too old.

And I am in a position to know.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do not refer to the new president by his damned name. Simply refer to him as 45.
Towanda

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive