About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

WEDNESDAY #2277




The world is indeed a dangerous place. Without even meaning to, I have posted a lot of ways to fuck yourself up.
 The soon learned why the US Army doesn't mount those things on pickup trucks...
 I wonder if this is true...
 You would think someone...anyone...at the boatyard would know this was coming...
 ...and warned the camera crew. They could have been killed.
I proudly announce that I saw something EXACTLY like this one time.
 It happened during the grand opening of a restaurant inside an old train station. Well, as we were eating outside, people didn't realize that the tracks were still used and parked very similar to the clip above. None of the cars flipped like that but a half dozen or so were pushed down the tracks.

 This 12 gauge shoots little burning bits of death. And it WILL set you on fire.
 They said it was perfect for home defense. Yeah, if you don't like your house remaining free of fire.


NOW LET'S MOVE ON...


I hate when I’m ignoring someone but they don’t text or email me so they don’t even know that I’m ignoring them.




I find this extraordinarily beautiful...
 This is not beautiful. It was never intended to be beautiful...
However, it is very nice. He sure made a comment. I'm just a little put off by the symbol on his chest. Please don't tell me that came form some comic book bullshit.

 Photography...
 Just another place I will never visit.

 Man did research and found out that people pay much more attention to signs that have people moving (active) than standing (static)...


Behold the first glimpse of Microsoft's co-founder Paul Allen's crazy space venture: The largest airplane in history, a 385-foot wingspan beast designed to carry and launch a giant rocket to space, with a combined weigh of 1,200,000 pounds! 




In any hip coffee shop, shout, "You haven't seen The Wire?" and in the ensuing commotion, leave without paying.




 I've posted numerous things about this in Europe...
With a birth rate below parent replacement there is only one way it can go. But remember the exact same thing is going on all over Europe. 


Spain, France and the good old corn feed USA!
You go, girl! 

Can we assume that is the world's first customer complaint? 

 "Fun Facts" are mostly "Fun Bullshit" with just enough true stuff thrown in to give it legitimacy. This last one is one of the few I care to comment upon.
It is a known fact that the DMZ has about a billion land mines. How is it that the deer looking things don't set them off?

What a wonderful thing to spend some time with...
Did you notice how the tank's barrel elevates up and down?



Ain’t nobody got time for scurvy anymore.



That sounds like a line from a movie...


What is your favorite random piece of general furniture?



This is pretty cut and dried...
The guy is planning to dive over the rail, slips, and does a very bazaar maneuver to save himself. I love the reaction of his friend....zero. But let's look closer. What do you think is happening to his face...you can't see behind the blue sign. He could have lost teeth.
Now a very similar accident...
 How did he do that? Did he just not see the huge chain?

 Banksy in Gaza...

 His philosophy in a nutshell…
 Speaking of writing on walls...from a bathroom stall...
Clever...I like clever.

We all play this game from time to time, don't we...

My daughter's first satellite. She's working on her next one as we speak. The later will orbit the sun.
 Says she: “We designed it to transmit at a frequency in the amateur radio band, so that potentially anyone around the world can help us receive our signal and collect data. They can get the its coordinates, download our decoder, and email the data to our team. Not only does this allow the community to be involved in science, but it also helps us get much more data than we could collect on our own.”
And this is the first retrieved signals...


The Final Word by a very proud parent...

Still got some time?

A recent 5 minute lesson by TED-Ed explains how scientists think complex cells evolved. The animation explains how early single-celled life absorbed other cells and gained new advantages.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9i7kAt97XYU&feature=youtube_gdata_player


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a biological hazard symbol. Interesting video of the fellow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mIBKifOOQQ

-grape

Ralph Henry said...

Thanks, grape. Video was surreal.

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive