About Me

My photo
I'm an artist, educator, militant anti-theist , and I write. I gamble on just about anything. And I like beer...but I love my wife. This blog contains observations from a funny old man who gets pissed off every once in a while.

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

TUESDAY #2144


Fuck news...let get on with it.
(that was due to the article my wife sent me about fear and Americans)

Just a little something to help you this morning. I like this song very much.



I read this the other day and liked it....
"When I was a boy, I spent my summers with my grandparents. They, like many Southerners, had a farm populated with animals to eat and animals to help. It was everywhere alive with edible plants – fields of corn and cucumbers and peas and butter beans and peanuts, and throngs of mysterious life from stumps claimed by beds of ants to mushroom fairy rings, living things tending to business without our influence."

As a guy who makes a whole bunch of stuff, I can agree with this.

ART AND BREASTS

"Bibbidy Bobbidy Boob"...seriously, that the name of this art performance...
 And then there's this...
This woman has a necklace made out of severed penises tattooed on her chest...


I don’t offend everyone, just people within shouting distance.





Which country has the most Nobel prizes?


Has catcalling ever actually worked? Even once has a woman turned around and handed some construction worker her phone number? I didn’t think so either.





Little by little, a little becomes a lot. – Tanzanian Proverb





Being drunk and taking a shower is quite the gamble.



 They cut down that great tree to make room for billboards...
 Here's one of them...


Two crossword clues I really liked - 
Old punch line: SCAR

Stops littering: SPAYS





The more intelligent the animal, the less desirable the meat. Think about it.




I heard on a documentary that the earth had trees before there were bacteria to decay them...
And fallen trees just stacked up.


If opposites attract, then the correct life strategy is to be a complete loser.



I don't think it works like that. So do we force women to take advanced science classes? 
That's like the argument that because X% of a state's population is black, then X% of judges should be black. Sounds good until you do the math and find out that the same percentage of blacks don't get law degrees.


Does anyone actually eat candy corn…on purpose?



Laughable if it wasn't so extraordinarily insane.


Frankenstein enters a body building competition and finds out he has seriously misunderstood the objective.





Street in Amsterdam…


Two types of people from small towns: 1. Let's leave after high school and find culture! 2. Where is everyone? Better make some new people!





Ever see the same type of towel you own at a friend's house and be like motherfucker stole my towel but really you're just drunk at an Arbys.



 Getting to upset over food additives is kind of like fearing vaccines...sort of.


Wouldn't you love to know what happened to make this sign necessary...

I wonder how many people will know what this is and why it's funny...



I don't eat my own boogers, and if that woman stopped next to me at the red light says I do, she's lying.





Nice...


The "shadow" of a Hiroshima victim, permanently etched into stone...

This is somebody's grandfather...

I tend to agree with this...


*opens door* trick or treat? "It's October 14th" I'm dressed as a time traveller *scraps dinner off plate into his bag* "touché"

(I present that as an example of the mountains of weird shit I have to cull through each day. You're welcome.)

What a wonderfully invented notion.

My wife wanted to know why her vibrator controll said "No".

I have never understood something about the Revolutionary War...
 We started out hiding behind trees and ambushing the Brits and we were very good at it. Then for reasons I can't fathom, we decided to line up and stand right in front of professional soldiers.

I find this profoundly interesting...


I told this girl at the bar that I've got a rather popular blog and she sighed for 17 minutes straight. The bartender timed it



Beatles with sons...


Kids born in 2000 never have to worry about forgetting how old they are.



Look at this carefully...
This cosplayer was spotted at New York Comic Con over the weekend. Let’s see, we have the bird on the head from The Lone Ranger, the glasses and cigarette from Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, the hair from Pirates of the Caribbean, the badge from Rango, the bow tie from The Tourist, the blades from Edward Scissorhands, the watch from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, shoes from Alice in Wonderland, fingernails from Dark Shadows, and probably a lot of other accoutrements from other movies. I think he should have gone with the eyewear from Sleepy Hollow.


"There’s something happening here" is an art installation by Henry Brimmer...
These things were placed on rooves all over the city...


I’m white, but not “clap my hands above my head at a hip hop concert” white.

(Well, I guess you know I didn't author that)


This is called a selfie-selfie…..

That means it's a picture of other people taking a selfie. What we need now is a selfie-selfie-selfie. A picture of someone taking a picture of someone taking a picture of people taking selfies. 

The Highway of Death in Iraq...
But there were surprisingly few death...relative to the damage. 


Have you ever sneezed so hard that all your butt drugs fell out?


Wife just sent me this...
 A mugshot taken by London Police today of Paul Horner AKA Banksy
Here's the whole story...


And Americans....just.....don't.....care.


No comments:

Random Post

Random Posts Widget

Blog Archive